NDIS at Physio Fit Adelaide
Physio Fit proudly works with NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) clients at both our Modbury and Findon clinics to provide a range of health services for everyone in our community. We can help you to move and feel better, allowing you to achieve your health and fitness goals with tailored physiotherapy exercise programs. Disabilities of any type should not restrict you from setting and achieving the goals that are meaningful to you.
We work with people with disabilities to help them to achieve their full potential through active, exercise based rehabilitation in our fully equipped on site rehab gym combined with individualised home exercise programs. Whether you are seeking help with pain, decreased strength, mobility, recovery from brain injury, spinal cord injuries or a wide range of musculoskeletal disorders – we can work with you to achieve your goals and take control of your health.
At Physio Fit we currently provide evidence based physiotherapy and health services for people who are NDIA, Self Managed and Plan Managed.
NDIS benefits of our Anti-Gravity Treadmill
Many common conditions that are supported by the NDIS present with difficulties or deterioration in motor function causing problems with lower body strength and gait such as walking capacity and walking speed.
Impaired walking capacity can lead to poorer health outcomes and long term dependency on parents, carers and mobility devices. Therefore, being able to help individuals with their walking by providing evidence based treatments in a safe and supportive environment is essential in helping to maintain health, movement and quality of life.
Many studies have shown that difficulties with walking, especially in clients who are affected by neurological or degenerative conditions, can be due to muscle weakness or deterioration of strength. This results in the individual being unable to hold up their own body weight, making movement, walking and even keeping steady on their feet a problem.
At Physio Fit Adelaide, our Anti-Gravity Treadmill health service can help clients with this as it is able to reduce the amount of body weight going through the body during walking, rehabilitation and exercise training.
The Anti-Gravity Treadmill uses differential air pressure to reduce the percentage of body weight going through the client’s joints, enabling walking, jogging, running or exercising at anywhere from 20% to 100% of their bodyweight.
This is beneficial for patients looking to improve or maintain their walking, or assist in rehabilitation of pain and injuries of the spine, hips, knees, shins and ankles.
Our physiotherapists use the anti-gravity treadmill for exercise, rehabilitation and early return to movement by:
- Strengthening muscles of the legs in cases where clients cannot do so on their own due to pain, injury or ongoing conditions
- Improving speed of walking and balance in conditions where gait is affected or deteriorating
- Improving confidence in walking, jogging and exercising in a safe and supported way
- Reducing the amount of body weight and resistance experienced by our clients to allow for free flowing movement that cannot be achieved currently at full body weight
- Once we have increased the capacity of your body to handle load using the Boost Anti-Gravity Treadmill, our physiotherapists can work towards setting you up with a home exercise program that builds on the momentum you have created and allows you to exercise at home, independently of Physiotherapy support.